Free blog design by Louise Franks {Blog} Designs. Digiscrapping elements by Louise Franks{Digiscrapping} Designs.»

Friday, March 11, 2011

Yet Another Reason to Loathe The Conservatives...

Vic Toews, Member of Parliament
Suite 306, Justice Building House of Commons
Ottawa. Ont. K1A 0A6

March 11, 2011

Dear Mr. Toews,

It is with boiling blood and deep disappointment that I write to you today. I cannot keep quiet any longer, as the leader of your party continues to insult my love of and allegiance to Canada.

One of Mr. Harper’s contemptible Liberal attack ads centers on Mr. Ignatieff’s time in the United States. The ad features quotes from Mr. Ignatieff, as the Liberal leader verbalizes his fondness of the USA. The underlying message of the callous advertisement is that, because Mr. Ignatieff expressed devotion towards the United States, he is no longer a patriotic Canadian.

This message is an insult to my entire family, and I take it personal offense to it. I am one of the most patriotic Canadians in this country, and would, without a doubt, give my life for the Great White North. I also pledge allegiance to the United States, where I lived for nearly ten years. I love BOTH these nations, and I am so grateful for my dual-citizen family.

When I resided in the United States, I was very diligent in my quest to keep abreast of Canadian current events. We flew the flags of both Canada AND the United States from our front porch. I religiously followed both curling AND NCAA football (still do!).

Now that I’m living in Canada again, I take just as much care to stay informed with American current events. We still fly both flags, only this time, they’re covered with snow for half the year.

I truly cannot express the anger I feel at Mr. Harper’s insinuation that a devotion to our southern neighbour diminishes my love for Canada. This attack on my patriotism is infuriating! Perhaps Mr. Harper’s heart is incapable of dual affection, but this is not indicative of other (very loyal) Canadians. So, please stop insulting such a large section of the populace.

I would ask that you pass this message on to Mr. Harper, along with a request to remove the offending commercial from television.

Sincerely,
Chrystie ...

0 comments: