Free blog design by Louise Franks {Blog} Designs. Digiscrapping elements by Louise Franks{Digiscrapping} Designs.»

Monday, March 9, 2009

Thankfully Here

I'm here. Dragging, but here.

I'm still not feeling like writing anything deep, but I *do* realize that in an effort to rid myself of the mini-funk, I need to focus on some positives. So, perhaps it's about time for a Top Ten List!

Top Ten Things I'm Thankful For Today:

1) I am so thankful that some inventor in Bath and Body Works Land decided to come up with Raspberry lip balm.

2) I am thankful for sinus medication.

3) I am thankful that my sweet friend, Laura, is in Ethiopia with her precious baby right now! Warms my heart beyond measure!

4) I am so thankful that Ellie has the opportunity to go to SUMMER CAMP! Yup, I'm shipping my four-year old (four?!) to camp for the month of July. Sure, we'll be picking her up each afternoon, but it's still camp. The Movement Centre is putting on a summer camp for Ellie's age, so the little girl will be tired! It will be so great for her.

5) I am so thankful for Richie and his ever-so-thoughtful Valentine's gift to me: tickets to see New Kids On The Block! Oh yeah! I will be in the SAME. ARENA. AS. JOEY. (Breathe, breathe...)

6) I am thankful for our jobs. Yikes. Richard and I are just plain blessed to have jobs, period. But, to have jobs that we love... We don't take it for granted. Especially these days.

7) I am thankful that Richie does the grocery shopping. I hate grocery shopping. What a keeper that guy is.

8) I am thankful for friends. I know that sounds all New Bothwell Cheesy and cliche, but it is so true. I have amazing friends. They love me just where I am. I can be real with them and that is unbelievable to me.

9) I am thankful that Ellie's ophthalmologist appointment went well (thanks for asking, so many of you!). The sweet girl will be wearing glasses again. Sigh. I just hope and pray that she keeps them on and they HELP! The irony is that she needs glasses because she has astigmatism, which has nothing to do with her brain injury. Poor girl can't score a break. But, shoot, is she cute in those glasses! I'll post a pic as soon as they come in, don't worry!

10) I am thankful for HGTV. My bestest channel.

0 comments: