Free blog design by Louise Franks {Blog} Designs. Digiscrapping elements by Louise Franks{Digiscrapping} Designs.»

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thankful

As promised!

1) I am thankful that my parents live 5 minutes away. Granted, sometimes the 1500 mile separation of days past would be nice, but for the most part, I LOVE living so close by. This morning, for example, our lawn mower died (as in six-feet-under-and-never-coming-back-to-life dead), and I was able to zip over to mom and dad's, steal theirs (which is WAY fancier than ours!), and finish cutting the grass. Fantab.

2) I am thankful for Children's Buckley's. My sweet American friends, you are missing out on the world's most potent and life-changing cough syrup. Their slogan is "It tastes awful, but it works." And it really does (on both accounts)! We actually gave Ellie a mini dose of the adult syrup, and she found it so foul, that she cried upon swallowing! Poor girl. Thankfully, I found that they make raspberry-flavored Children's Buckley's, and it works great. No coughing last night.

3) I am thankful for fat free cream. Dieting is bad enough, but sacrificing cream in my coffee would send me over the edge.

4) I am thankful that November is only five months away. We're going to Disney!!

5) I am thankful that Richie's job is so flexible. Yesterday, Richard, Ellie and I went swimming at 3:00 in the afternoon. Today, Richie and I went lawn mower shopping (see point number one) at 11:00 in the morning. NICE.

6) I am thankful for my grandparents. All four of my grandparents are still living, and for the most part, healthy. My mom's parents are celebrating their 50th anniversary this summer, and my dad's parents are going on 60 years together. One set of grandparents just got back from their two-week vacation to Germany. It's a little odd to be jealous of your GRANDPARENTS' European adventure!

7) I am thankful for a main floor laundry room.

8) I am thankful for doctors. Well, particularly GOOD doctors. We see a lot of them.

9) I am thankful for laptop computers. I can't even imagine going back to a desk top now! There's nothing quite like sitting on the red La-Z-Boy, mindlessly watching Project Runway, while typing out an email.

10) I am thankful for new days.

3 comments:

Iris said...

Love this post and had to comment on your "Buckley's" entry. I brought some down to the States at New Years this past year when I was visiting friends because I had this terrible cough. One of my friends had the same terrible cough I did and nothing was working. I hauled out the "Buckley's" and let's just say that he was sold. Nothin' works better...have you tried the night time stuff? Amazing.

Sunny said...

I love new days! They are the best!

Chrystie said...

I,
I'm not sure you'll see this, but I was laughing hard at your comment! We actually gave Ellie the nighttime Buckley's!!! (We have a very liberal drug policy in this house :-)) Now you know why she CRIED when she swallowed it! But, holy cow, it works! Never leave the country without it, tee hee! Thanks, too, for your comments on my blog. You're a peach.