Free blog design by Louise Franks {Blog} Designs. Digiscrapping elements by Louise Franks{Digiscrapping} Designs.»

Friday, January 26, 2007

Gratitude

It's Friday! A good day for a Thankful List!

1) I am thankful for my house. I really do love it. I actually think it was a blessing in disguise that we lived in a "small" apartment for our first five months in Canada. It put things into perspective and gave me a new appreciation for a house!

2) I am thankful for my friend Pietricia Mae, who came over a couple of days ago. She may not have realized it at the time, but when she commented on how far Ellie's come since she last saw her (a few months ago), it melted my heart.

3) I am thankful for Ebay. I found *the* dress for Ellie's pictures on Ebay, and it was only $20!!

4) I am thankful for birthmothers. They are some of the most courageous women on the planet.

5) I am thankful that my parents are back from Mexico tomorrow. You all know that I'm not a "mommy's girl", but, I have admittedly become quite dependent on my mom as a babysitter!

6) I am thankful for an efficient, working furnace. I live in Canada. It's winter. Enough said.

7) I am thankful for the "repeat play" selection on Ellie's Princess Sing-Along-Songs DVD.

8) I am thankful that, after eight years, my heart still skips a beat when Richard walks in the front door.

9) I am thankful for my new dishes! The mugs are the BEST size for my morning coffee.

10) I am thankful for T Engineering (Richard's company). They treat R well, pay the bills, and have allowed us to move up here. Not a bad deal.

2 comments:

peitricia mae said...

Aw, thanks babe! Sometimes you need an outsider's perspective (someone who has distance) to be reminded that there is so much progress because you're down in the trenches and only see things in minute increments.

And I agree - your mugs *are* the perfect size for coffee :)

Kristy said...

I loved your list of thankful things!