Free blog design by Louise Franks {Blog} Designs. Digiscrapping elements by Louise Franks{Digiscrapping} Designs.»

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Friend of a Friend of a Friend of a Friend...

Blogland is a funny place. Funny in a "small world" kind of way. A link to a link to a link gets you straight to a blog worthy of stalking.

My friend Andrea, who has a daughter with CP, has a great blog. In one of her posts, long ago, she mentioned her friends, Amy and Josh, who were on their way to Africa to bring home their son Silas. A few months later, I noticed that my Bama-friend, Laura, had MET Amy at a bloggy-get-together for those who have adopted children from Ethiopia. Fun times!

I usually like to keep my blog-stalking on the down-low, for fear that the author will think I'm a freakshow, but today, Amy has lured me out of my crazy shell. She's enticed me with a PRESENT. Oh, materialistic and weak am I!

BUT, it's clothed in the premise of a "good cause". So, I feel a bit better. Amy and Josh are in the process of adopting their second baby from Africa. They are naming her Olive, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. They are also trying to raise a bit of cash for their travel expenses (I hate how expensive adoption is, grrr). The creator of this AWESOME jewellery is giving a portion of her profit to the Bottomly's, to help with adoption costs. LOVE IT.

Amy, bless her heart, is going to give away a necklace to a blogger who mentions Junk Posse Jewellery on their site. I want the necklace. Tee hee!

The stuff is AMAZING:









I love it all. And I love the precious babies that have come into my life as a result of adoption. My heart is smiling.

See, sometimes a little stalking can be good for the soul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

But I think what all of YOUR blog stalkas want to know is...are you still planning to adopt a baby?

Me said...

not to mention this gave you another subject for another day of bloggin. ;-)