Free blog design by Louise Franks {Blog} Designs. Digiscrapping elements by Louise Franks{Digiscrapping} Designs.»

Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Sometimes, the term Good Friday seems like such an oxymoron. While I realize that it is GOOD beyond measure because of the gift of eternal life that resulted in Jesus' death, it's always been a bit of a somber day for me. Jesus was tortured and murdered on this day. It sends chills up my spine when I think of the pain, both physical and mental, that He endured....for ME.

All because He loved me so much.

It's overwhelming. In times of anxiety, especially pertaining to Ellie, her future and her medical care, I often calm my heart with thoughts of that omnipotent love.

God loves Ellie more than I do.

The same Jesus who bled on the cross for ME, also did so for Ellie. The same Jesus who loved ME that much, also loved Ellie accordingly.

What a comfort. I have often wondered how I'd ever walk this rough path without the warm hand-holding of God. In the midst of the storm, He is the only calm. Knowing that "this too shall pass" and that "in light of eternity, this is fleeting" are, at times, the only tidbits of knowledge that give me the strength to lift my rubber boot out from the miles of mud.

I know that I've been a terrible blogger lately, and I apologize! Things have been busy, and I have many a story to tell and picture to post, but for today, I'd just like to leave it with Good Friday.

Overwhelming Friday. Compassionate Friday. Life-changing Friday. Love Friday.

0 comments: