Free blog design by Louise Franks {Blog} Designs. Digiscrapping elements by Louise Franks{Digiscrapping} Designs.»

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!

Of course, I am immersed in election coverage, so instead of a "real" post, I will cyber-publish some of my favorite campaign quotes. In 2012, remind me to save "the good ones" into a Quote Folder so I can refer back to them when I feel obligated to blog, but am void of articulation.

"That is the true genius of America, a faith in the simple dreams of its people, the insistence on small miracles. That we can say what we think, write what we think, without hearing a sudden knock on the door. That we can have an idea and start our own business without paying a bribe or hiring somebody's son. That we can participate in the political process without fear of retribution, and that our votes will be counted -- or at least, most of the time."
Barack Obama 2004 Democratic Convention

"I never, ever want to say anything bad about another woman but I fear so much for our country, our Constitution and our daughters and sons, that I have to say: this woman is not acceptable to me as the vice-presidential candidate."
Bonnie A., Miami, FL

"With this, the country is finally able to see through complexion and see community."
Maya Angelou

If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself."
Kathleen Parker

"Go Bama!"
Ellie B.


"These two boys waited as a long line of adults greeted Senator Obama before a rally on Martin Luther King Day in Columbia, S.C. They never took their eyes off of him. Their grandmother told me, "Our young men have waited a long time to have someone to look up to, to make them believe Dr. King's words can be true for them." Jan. 21, 2008."
Callie Shell

0 comments: