Free blog design by Louise Franks {Blog} Designs. Digiscrapping elements by Louise Franks{Digiscrapping} Designs.»

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Drumroll...

This is what came in the mail today:



THANK YOU, JESUS!!

As you can imagine, I am emotion-crazed after reading this letter. I am most definitely thrilled and excited, but I also find myself a tad disappointed in the fact that even with the surgery, they don't think that Ellie will ever walk independently. I'm also scared. Really scared. I know that we need to pursue this. I know it means that my daughter will undergo major neurosurgery. I know it means that we have a lot of work ahead of us. Yet, when the fear starts flooding over me, I just go back to that initial feeling of elation and relief. My baby can be helped. That alone is amazing, and I fall to my knees in pure gratefulness.

'Course, part of that fear is in response to page two of the letter:


Gulp.

I have no idea how much of these expenses, if any, our Canadian insurance will pay for. We have lots of calling and letter-writing to do. Today, I am going to focus on the miracle of this letter, and trust that God will make a way for Ellie to get to St. Louis.

God is faithful.

9 comments:

Erin said...

Thank you JESUS is right! I am so happy to read this, Chrystie! And I wasn't thinking you would hear something so soon so that surprise element makes it even more special. I am so thrilled for Ms. E. She deserves it!!!!

Cassandra said...

ok so i am a blog stalker...that is so good that this letter came so fast and is positive!!! PRAISE GOD!
prsying for you all and miss you bunches!

Cassandra

Kiera said...

Chrystie!!! I am so happy to hear this!! I have been thinking of you and Ellie a lot and my prayers have been with you. I got chills reading the letter and knowing how you must be feeling. It brought tears to my eyes.

I will pray that the financial side works out. CONGRATS again!

Sunny said...

I wish I could be with you tonight to party like rock stars!!! I am beyond excited for you! In all of this remember GOD IS EVER SO FAITHFUL! He will carry you in all areas.

LOVE YOU! Give Ellie a big smooch from me!

Anonymous said...

A thousand times hooray!!! I am totally over the moon for you crazy kids. And I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that somehow you'll find a way to cover whatever expenses you're on the hook for. YAY!!

Anonymous said...

This is great news! Ellie is blessed to have parents who are willing to push back and find the best options for her! I pray that God continues to bless ya'll in all your efforts.

~Laura~ said...

WOO HOO!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!! This is FABULOUS news. Don't stress over the finances...God will provide. Trust Him!! I love you and sweet Ellie!

Bill and Melodie said...

This is great news and we are praying for you during the process. I know that looking at the big picture makes it overwhelming so just take it one step at a time and cross the hurdles as they come.
If we had known from the beginning of our adoption process that we would end up adopting 2 and how much it would cost how much pain we would go through as we wait, we probably would have been too chicken to even start.
Get to fundraising! We haven't even had our yard sale yet and we already have $302.
God will provdie!
We love you guys and are praying for Eliie and for miraculous results. We are praying for Dr. Park as he prepares to begin treatment for Ellie. If he is not a believer, I pray that he will see Christ in your family and know that he is missing out on something great!
Please let us know if we can do anything for you guys!

Patyrish said...

Seeing this letter made me smile so big! I am so happy to see that she is a good candidate for the surgery.

Just remember anything is possible.

I pray that the money will be readily available through insurance. That page would have scared me too.

CONGRATS!