Free blog design by Louise Franks {Blog} Designs. Digiscrapping elements by Louise Franks{Digiscrapping} Designs.»

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Thank-You

I only have a few minutes before heading out for an Easter family gathering, so I will be a speed blogger with a Thankful List. I'm overdue for one anyway!

1. I am thankful that Duke is out of the Tournament. And even better that West Virginia was the one to knock 'em out!

2. I am thankful that I have an amazing husband who made THE cutest cupcakes for our gathering tonight:



3. I am thankful that I had THE BEST 3-hour long breakfast this morning with two of my dearest kindred spirits.

4. I am thankful that Ellie is so very well behaved. I remember when she was first diagnosed with CP, and the neurologist "warned" us that many brain injured kids have significant behavioral problems. Ellie is truly one of the most laid-back, easily entertained 3-year-olds on the planet. We are so so so blessed.

5. I am thankful that this huge fundraiser I'm organizing for work will be done in a week. It is causing me MUCH stress.

6. I am thankful that it's stopped snowing. I have to find SOME sort of silver lining in the fact that I woke up to snow in SPRING.

7. I am thankful that Ellie's peed on the potty nearly every day this week!

8. I am thankful that our church finally found a youth pastor. He (and his wife) are stinkin' precious.

9. I am thankful that Ellie's new outfit is beyond cute and that she is my FAVORITE in it:


10. I am thankful beyond words for my Savior. I've thought a lot this weekend about how much Jesus sacrificed for ME, and what that means for my future. It means that I get to spend eternity with Him and those who have gone before me. It means that Ellie gets to RUN in heaven. It means that bad things here on earth have an end. Literally, THANK YOU JESUS.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Richie is becoming a bit of a cake decorating threat. I might have to break his fingers or something. :D

Sunny said...

Don't forget to be thankful for your amazing mom!

LOVE the cupcakes, potty time and cute outfit!

Rural Writer said...

I was telling JK about your thankful list, and got to the part about Ellie running in heaven and got so choked up I almost couldn't finish telling him about it. Won't that be great!?! No problems, no pain, just bask in the SONshine.

Patyrish said...

That is the coolest cupcake EVER!

Her outfit is adorable too! Very sweet!

Anonymous said...

OhhKaaay, the cake was cool, but now cupcakes?!?! You really should have kept that one a secret for Richard's sake. I'm going to have to dock Ronnie 1 man-point.

Anonymous said...

No way! My theory is, if the primary ingredients of what you're working with are sugar & lard, then it's still manly enough (I wrote "pretty manly" at first, but I'm not THAT deluded).

suziQ said...

Hi there!
I just realized that my son (Myles) video is linked to your blog. Thank you!!

We are so proud of him and how hard he works.

I don't know Ellie, but she WILL walk. She'll be independent and make you more proud than you can ever imagine feeling.

Myles had surgery in NJ that changed his life... truly.

Please email if you'd ever like to talk.

God bless you and your family!
suzi
theketterers@msn.com