Free blog design by Louise Franks {Blog} Designs. Digiscrapping elements by Louise Franks{Digiscrapping} Designs.»

Friday, February 22, 2008

You've Got to Pray Just to Make it Today

(What ever happened to MC Hammer anyway?)

For a variety of reasons, I don't often solicit prayer on this blog. Perhaps I should ask for intercession more often. That's a whole blog post of its own, and I'm not sure I want to go there today!

BUT, I will ask that, for those who chit-chat with God, you include us briefly in your conversation(s) this weekend.

Richie and I, in our complete insanity, are venturing out to the Canadian Shield to spend the weekend with 20+ teenagers at our youth retreat. We've been leading (along with 4 others) the Senior High youth group in our church since September, and now it's time for the annual retreat. Having been on several of these retreats in our young-and-stupid years, we are well aware of how little sleep we will be getting the next two nights, and how much energy will be needed to keep up with these crazy kids. More than that, however, we have high expectations of group-building and God-seeking this weekend. These are really amazing kids. My soul melts when I think about (most) of them. I want them to feel God's hand on their often confused and hurting hearts this weekend. Pray for that.

AND, pray that Richard feels okay. He's been battling this nasty virus/bug/whatever for nearly two months now and it SUCKS. It'll make the weekend rough if he feels like crud the whole time.

And, since I'm shamelessly soliciting, maybe pray for "Auntie Ceese", as she's on Ellie-duty all weekend!

Thanks y'all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yowza. It's my personal opinion that the G-man doesn't much care to listen to my constant entreaties, but I WILL be sending you "good vibes" as my MIL says, and my neverending admiration for taking on such a challenge.

peitricia mae said...

Good Lord. Here's prayers that you'll only have to deal with half of what we put our youth leaders through.