Free blog design by Louise Franks {Blog} Designs. Digiscrapping elements by Louise Franks{Digiscrapping} Designs.»

Thursday, November 1, 2007

The World is Too Big

Now, I realize that part of my "missing loved ones" heartache is my own fault: *I* decided to fall madly in love with and marry a guy who lived 1500 miles away from my little frozen piece of tundra (also known as a Canadian town). Not only did I say "I do" to marrying Richard on that muggy August evening, but I also said "I do" to potentially being the one who lives far away from family and life-long friends.

In a twisted turn of events, I am now back on home and native soil, but that certainly doesn't mean that my heart has stopped missing. Today was a big ole missing reminder.

We spent the morning in Tennessee, with Richard's family, and had a great time hanging out. Ellie received bundles of Grandma-love, and it was good to see Richard laughing with his only brother. I was then able to connect with one of my dearest friends (you know who you are, L!). Ellie and I were only able to find a couple hours of time to spend with L, and truthfully, I could have talked for another ten. I got into the car and said to Richard, "My heart hurts. I wish L and I lived closer. We would rock it up OFTEN."

The three of us zoomed out to have dinner with two amazing friends, and had a fabulous time catching up and reminiscing. When we got into the car to leave, Richard and I both said, "My heart hurts. I wish we lived closer. We would rock it up OFTEN."

And that is when I once again decided that the world is just too big.

BUT, since we're on vacation and I'd rather not dwell on the negatives, and feel my heart sob, I will focus on the positives:

1) We are so blessed to have such kick-booty friends and family, in all sorts of different places.
2) Thank the Good Lord for internet!
3) Free accomodations in many WARM and almost tropical places.
4) I have decided to open up a Starbucks in heaven, and all my girlfriends will gather for free lattes EVERY DAY from 2:00-4:00. There are teletransporters in heaven, so distance won't matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... 2-4 might not work for me. That's Oscar's nap time. :)

~Laura~ said...

I love you!! :) BTW, I said the exact same thing to Sean when you left. We'd have a ROCKIN' time if you lived closer.