Free blog design by Louise Franks {Blog} Designs. Digiscrapping elements by Louise Franks{Digiscrapping} Designs.»

Monday, May 7, 2007

Big, Big World


Sigh. Sometimes the world really IS too big. We're spending a few days in Minneapolis with Richard's parents. It's been a great weekend, and I truly feel blessed to have such a wonderful set of in-laws.

I hear a lot of griping about "the in-laws" from my friends (and, for the most part, rightfully so!), and I count myself so lucky to have nothing to add those conversations. My parents-in-law have welcomed me into the family from day one, and they have lavished love on Ellie like nobody's business!

The only "bad" thing is that we live so far away. I know that it's difficult and heart-wrenching for both Richard and me, knowing that no matter what, we will always live far away from one set of Ellie's grandparents. It's tough on everyone, and sometimes I throw my fists up to heaven and ask God why He had to make the world so darn big!

Sigh.

All that said, I really want to end this post on a positive note. Ellie's been great this visit. She warmed up to Southern Grandma in no time (thank goodness for her Princess book---she doesn't care WHO reads it to her, as long as she can turn the pages!). And, I am so very thankful that we have the financial means to even see Richard's parents twice a year. We are BLESSED.

0 comments: